One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Who are we looking for? We need someone who has quality experience in community development to grow and develop our relationships with fitness participants in the City of Delta. Why? Because we don’t just offer spaces and services for people to exercise – we offer a caring, community-focused fitness environment where we have life-long relationships with our residents. If this is the type of setting that you would like to help lead, please apply to be the City of Delta’s next Fitness Coordinator.
The successful candidate will:
- Plan, evaluate and implement a variety of fitness programs and services in Delta's large and small community centres with their own flare and nuances;
- Have a proven track record of building and maintaining trust with community members and staff teams;
- Have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience recruiting, training and mentoring a wide range of fitness service delivery personnel, in union and contract environments;
- Be able to demonstrate successful delivery of programs and services that serve the wellness of a community;
- Supervise and evaluate the work of a large number of full-time, part-time, auxiliary and contract fitness staff;
- Have knowledge and expertise in community-based services and customer expectations;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to monitor budgets and manage the requirements of an equipment maintenance program;
- Know how to draw on the wealth of knowledge of the existing staff team and recruit new team members to compliment;
- Have established industry contacts and relationships that will benefit the position;
- Be customer satisfaction driven; and
- Know the value of complimenting core services with beneficial service add-ons.
Desirable Training & Experience
University graduation in Kinesiology or a related discipline plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience with the CLASS computer program is an asset.
Required Licences, Certificates and Registrations
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Supervisor of Fitness Leaders (SFL) Designation
- BCRPA Fitness Leadership Certificate
- Trainer of Fitness Leaders (TFL) Designation is an asset
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary ($32.25 - $37.97 per hour) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number 19-113 EX by August 22, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2