Creston & District Community Complex
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK), Creston & District Community Complex is currently inviting applications for the position of Facility Operator. The successful candidate will work on a full-time basis working up to 40 hours per week.
This position performs skilled, operational, building maintenance, grounds keeping, and janitorial work at the newly enhanced Creston & District Community Complex. The work involves performing janitorial and housekeeping duties, monitoring refrigeration plants, ice making, ice resurfacing, operating and maintaining pool equipment, grounds keeping, as well as undertaking and performing limited construction renovation and building maintenance projects. The out door properties of the Creston and District Community Complex are currently being upgraded and improved. This position, in the maintenance department, will be a part of the operations and care of these new dynamic outdoor facilities.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay. All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again. This competition may be used to fill similar positions within the next six (6) months.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid BC Driver’s License and satisfactory Drivers Abstract
- B.C. Safety Authority Ice Facility Operator Certificate or higher qualification
- Pool Operator Level 1 Certificate or higher qualification
- Standard First Aid and CPR (may be completed in the first 3 months of employment)
- WHMIS Certificate (may be completed in the first week of employment)
- Satisfactory Criminal Record The RDCK may consider candidates without the all the required qualifications should they have a suitable combination of experience, training and skills. All interested individuals should apply.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate
- Refrigeration Operator Certificate
- Building Services Training
- Sports Field Maintenance Certificate
- Experience in arena and swimming pool operations
The Facility Operator works shift work and the successful applicant will be expected to work a variety of schedules which may include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. This is a union position and the rate of pay is $27.09 per hour as per the Collective Agreement between the RDCK and CUPE Local 748.
This posting, along with a detailed job description, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position will be accepted until 8am on Thursday August 22, 2019.
All applications to the internal posting will be considered prior to this posting.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
Phone: (250) 352-1546
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay. All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again. This competition may be used to fill similar positions within the next six (6) months .