Competition No. 19-26E
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a regular, full-time Recreation Coordinator to join our team.
Working within the Community Services Department, the regular, full-time Recreation Coordinator position will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and maintaining a variety of recreation related initiatives for all demographics.
- 2 Year Diploma in Recreation/Kinesiology/Physical Education or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a recreation related field.
- Supervisory experience would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge, understanding and the ability to establish agreements and contracts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board, Commissions, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and integrity.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Strong organizational, planning and evaluation skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check including the vulnerable sector section.
- Valid First Aid Certificate or an ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
This regular full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $32.58, Paygrade 6, plus an attractive fringe benefits package.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their applications quoting Competition No. 19-26E by 4:00 pm, Friday, July 26, 2019 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: (250) 492-0237
Fax: (250) 492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.