PPT Library Public Service Associate I
PPT Library Public Service Associate IRequisition ID: 13872
The Vancouver Public Library (VPL) is the third largest public library system in Canada, with 800 staff members offering services at 22 branches across the city. VPL values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly service. Consider joining our committed team of staff and beingpart of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Worksite: Fraserview Branch
MAIN PURPOSE & FUNCTIONWorking collaboratively within their team and system wide, the incumbent creates a welcoming, patron-centred experience through the delivery of responsive circulation and basic information service. Supports library programming. Understands and supports community-led approaches. Represents the library’s vision, mission and values by demonstrating and modelling conduct that reflects the library’s policies and procedures.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by relevant courses and/or experience.
- Experience in a customer service environment. Related experience in the provision of library services preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of library methods, procedures and tools applicable to the work.
- Working knowledge of the objectives, organization, procedures, services and resources of the library.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Affiliation: CUPE 391
Employment Type: Posted Part Time (PPT)
Salary: $22.48 to $26.36 per hour
Schedule: Schedule may change with reasonable notice
Schedule: 24.5 Hours
Tuesday 1:10 pm – 9:10 pm
Wednesday 2:10 pm – 9:10 pm
Saturday 10:10 am – 6:10 pm
Sunday 12:40 pm – 5:10 pm
Closing date: Thursday, July 18, 2019, at 11:59pm
While the library thanks you in advance, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest. The applicant must be prepared to work at any location in the system. A Police Record Check is a condition of employment. Please refer to our policy for further information. Personal information collected is used in accordance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Vancouver Public Library is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to further diversifying the library.