Public Works Outside Worker
Public Works Outside Worker - General Classification(Regular Full-Time
The Township of Spallumcheen is seeking applications to fill the positon of Public Works Outside Worker – General Classification.
The General Classification position is responsible for the skilled equipment operation and labour for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Public Works infrastructure within the Township, including roads and drainage systems.
Highlights of duties include:
- Operate heavy equipment for a variety of duties including road maintenance, paving, snow and ice removal, water works, and mowing;
- Operate a variety of gas, electric, and manually powered hand tools for the maintenance and repair of municipal infrastructure;
- Perform physical labour in the completion of duties including road maintenance, snow and ice removal, mowing, water works and hauling;
- Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles and tools;
- Maintain accurate operational and maintenance records as required.
The required education and experience for this position includes the completion of Grade 12, a Class 3 BC Driver’s Licence with air-brake endorsement, a Level 1 EOCP certification, and a minimum of one year experience in a public or private sector construction environment.
The successful applicant must be available to work overtime or be placed on standby in the evenings and on weekends, particularly during winter months. The nature of the position requires that the successful candidate work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and have the ability to complete duties requiring physical effort.
A detailed job description can be accessed via the Township’s website at www.spallumcheentwp.bc.ca
This is a regular, full-time positon in the CUPE bargaining unit with a regular work schedule of 40 hours per week. The hourly rate of pay is $30.49. Comprehensive benefits are provided.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their application, in confidence, via mail, fax or email no later than July 26th, 2019 at 4:30 pm, to the attention of:
Township of Spallumcheen
4144 Spallumcheen Way
Spallumcheen, B.C., V0E 1B6
* Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.