GIS Technology Administrator
Integrated Cadastral Information Society
GIS Technology AdministratorLocation:
$80,000 - $85,000
The Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICI Society) is seeking a highly motivated, technically savvy individual to join our small team of professionals.
This is your opportunity to apply your existing skills to meaningful projects and learn a wide variety of new skills in a workplace that values innovation and resourcefulness. We offer great work/life balance with Monday to Friday work hours, a flex-day option, minimal off-hours work, and an island full of exceptional recreation opportunities in one of the warmest spots in Canada.
The GIS Technology Administrator (GTA) will have extensive experience in Enterprise Geographic Information System Management and will possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills. The GTA will understand database structures, middle tier software, enterprise security, operating systems and corresponding hardware. The GTA provides expertise in all areas of GIS infrastructure support including, but not limited to, GIS infrastructure management, web-map services, data portal, website, spatial database management, ETL Tools and a variety of member services.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the GTA will be an integral member of the Society’s operational team. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT/GIS professional to leverage their technical expertise, expand their knowledge and skills and help build and administer robust, resilient, and innovative technology solutions for our members.
- Manages GIS Technology projects to ensure that all project timelines, budget estimates and project reporting are accurate and up to date.
- Directs and works closely with contracted system administrators.
- Evaluates new technologies
- Ensures that appropriate system security measures are implemented, maintained, and upgraded as required.
- Administers the Society’s software licenses and hardware maintenance contracts
- Installs, configures, and upgrades GIS infrastructure software and related products, including SQL Server, ArcGIS Enterprise, FME Server.
- Develops capacity plans and budget estimates to support future projects and system upgrades.
- Programming and scripting to support monitoring and quality assurance of various systems and custom application development.
- Prototypes and assess software, hardware and services that may enhance the Society’s service offerings to its members.
Education and Experience:
Applicants must clearly show that their experience meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Geography-GIS specialty and 3 years of related experience OR; Diploma in Computer Science or Advanced GIS and 5 years of related experience OR; equivalent combination of formal training and experience.
- A minimum of two years experience administering ArcGIS Enterprise (including ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, Enterprise Geodatabase (ArcSDE) and ArcGIS Web Adapter).
- Experience installing and configuring SQL Server.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities will include:
- Experience publishing Web Services and ESRI’s Web Mapping Applications, including Server configuration, security and application management.
- Scripting experience with Power shell, Python, Java Script or other programming and scripting languages would be desirable.
- Proficient with ArcGIS Desktop (minimum of 5 years experience)
- Familiarity with Windows Server operating systems.
- Knowledge of LDAP concepts and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with Safe Software’s FME Server and FME Workbench would be an asset.
- Experience with change management and incident tracking and resolution.
- A strong team player with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and effectively prioritize.
- Strong communication skills.
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “GTA Application”. In your response, please detail in bullet-point fashion how your skills align to each of the noted qualification criteria.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: July 22, 2019