The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. The City of West Kelowna’s Finance department has an opening for a full time permanent Payroll Coordinator.
Position overview: The successful applicant will coordinate the effective and efficient administration of the City’s complex bi-weekly payroll in compliance with collective agreements, policies, and statutory requirements. The position is responsible for coordinating the accurate preparation, calculation and completion of payroll for approximately 300 municipal employees in a unionized environment. Work involves coordinating and participating in activities to ensure the production of an accurate biweekly payroll; preparing, updating and maintaining the Vadim computerized payroll system, maintain and update the master database for individual employees, balance and reconcile payroll accounts including preparation of journal entries, perform year-end payroll processing and reporting. The position also administers the municipal pension plan. This is a unionized position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Grade 12 education, supplemented by completion of the Canadian Payroll Association - Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification;
- Extensive experience in Vadim payroll software;
- 5 years payroll experience working with complex collective agreements;
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices and principles used in the preparation, calculation and the processing of payrolls including appropriate account classification codes and of the applicable laws, rules, regulations and legislation;
- Ability to understand, interpret, explain and apply laws, regulations, agreements and procedures concerning payroll;
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Pension Plan;
- Ability to perform and succeed under the pressure of deadlines;
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Sustained high attention to detail and the ability to maintain accuracy;
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License.
Applications are accepted online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applicants will need to upload their cover letter, resume and drivers abstract when applying.
COMPETITION 19-36E | CLOSES JULY 22, 2019 | PAY $36.46/| 35HRS/WK