Research AnalystRegular Full-Time
North Vancouver Recreation & Culture is dedicated to building healthy individuals, families and communities. We offer a wide range of recreation and cultural programs and services to residents of all ages.
WHY WORK FOR US?
We are looking for a Research Analyst to be an integral part of our staff team who are passionate about making a difference in the quality of life of North Vancouver residents. Your role is pivotal to the NVRC teams as you will lead research on community and customer needs and analyze programs and services in support of our goal to build healthy individuals, families and communities. NVRC values employees, offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
You are a professional researcher and have the knowledge and skills to ensure the right questions are asked and asked in the right way. Your expertise in methodology results in creating a comprehensive understanding of the preferences and needs of key segments of the community and customers and the drivers for them. You have exceptional writing skills and your reports draw out insightful linkages and present information in an easy to read format with succinct charts and tables.
- Conduct research and evaluate primary and secondary data sources in order to obtain relevant information; measure community and customer satisfaction; identify program and service preferences; assess community needs and identify potential markets.
- Review and analyze data and information from internal and external sources and develop detailed recommendations to support operational, program and service objectives.
- Communicate with a variety of contacts such as staff in municipal planning departments, libraries, school districts, health authorities, and Census Canada to obtain and align data.
- Provide tools and support to staff for evaluating programs and facilities, and for initiatives in customer service, marketing and communications.
- Conduct in-depth data interpretation and analysis; forecast and track revenue and customer participation; evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and communications strategies; and monitor recreation industry trends and best practices.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations based on findings. Record and present findings in narrative, tabular and visual formats.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
University degree in business, economics or another discipline related to the work supplemented by or including courses in marketing, statistics and research methods, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid BC driver’s licence and a car are required. Membership or eligibility for membership in the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association is an asset.
This is a regular full-time unionized position, Monday to Friday, for 35 hours per week with a pay range of $32.35 to $37.97 per hour. All employees will be available to work at any North Vancouver Recreation & Culture location. All candidates are required to submit a Police Information Check as a requirement of the position prior to any appointment.
July 19, 2019
APPLY ONLINE AT:
www.nvrc.ca/employment - Please quote competition #19039R
We thank you for your interest in employment with North Vancouver Recreation & Culture and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.