Village of Lions Bay
The Village of Lions Bay Public Works Department requires the services of a full-time permanent Public Works Technician 1 to perform duties related to the inspection, operation, and maintenance of our parks and open spaces, buildings and facilities, water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, and roads and transportation systems. We are looking for someone with a solid horticultural background, drive and determination to contribute their knowledge and experience to our dedicated team. Upon gaining a sound working knowledge and understanding of the municipality’s systems, you may be required to be on call after normal duty hours and may perform stand-by duty on a rotation basis with other departmental personnel. Amongst other duties, work of this class involves assisting with the operations and maintenance of:
- parks and open spaces including boulevards, gardens, beach parks, tennis courts, sports fields, playgrounds, and park facilities;
- water treatment and distribution as well as wastewater collection and treatment systems to federal and provincial standards;
- roads and transportation infrastructure including asphalt repair; drainage system maintenance; traffic control devices, and winter road maintenance;
- municipal vehicles, equipment, and machinery and performing routine servicing and minor maintenance tasks such as oil changes, lubrication, and tire rotation;
- building and facilities maintenance including exterior grounds, interior and exterior structures and finishes, roofs, plumbing, minor HVAC and electrical.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of the 12th school grade supplemented by technical courses related to the work
- A minimum of 2 years of Public Works experience is required
- A willingness to obtain your EOCP Certification in Water Distribution (Level 1) and Small Wastewater Systems is required
- Class 5 Driver's License for the Province of British Columbia required
- Experience operating small equipment and tools is preferred, as is
- Experience operating bobcats, excavators, and backhoes.
Affiliation: CUPE 389
Position Status: Permanent, Full-time
Hours of Work: 40 regular hours per week (overtime and on-call work as required)
Rate of Pay: $32.31 per hour (2019 Rate)
Closing Date: July 19, 2019
Please Apply to:
Village of Lions Bay
400 Centre Road, PO Box 141
Lions Bay, BC V0N 2E0
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those scheduled for an interview will be contacted.