Chief Executive Officer
Kátł’odeeche First NationP.O. Box 3060, Hay River Dene Reserve, NT X0E 1G4
Ph: (867) 874-6701 Fax: (867) 874-3229 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive OfficerThe Kátł’odeeche First Nation (KFN) is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in one of the NWT’s most active First Nation communities.
With a membership of 645, approximately half of whom live on the Hay River Dene Reserve, KFN is a vibrant and respected community. KFN oversees a retail store, day care center, group home, construction company, recreation complex, wellness centre, administration office, fire hall, and municipal services while collaborating with other agencies on a health centre, K-12 school, adult learning centre, and several economic initiatives. The Hay River Dene Reserve is located across the Town of Hay River which offers a full range of services including shopping, schools, a hospital, quality sport facilities, etc. Recreational activities are second to none in the area with an abundance of activities including fishing, golf, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, hockey, swimming, etc.
The CEO is responsible for the overall administration of First Nation governance operations. KFN has developed a dynamic leadership team offering support to the CEO. The CEO is responsible for directing, controlling, and coordinating the activities of the various divisions including Community Operations; Lands, Resources and Negotiations; the Finance Division; and several Corporations. Working with the management team the CEO ensures that the policies and programs of the Band are implemented and followed and advises and informs Chief and Council on the operations and affairs of the First Nation. The CEO performs or oversees all duties and functions assigned by Chief and Council.
Education: Post-secondary education in Public Administration, Program Management, Financial Management, Community Economic Development, or a related field is required. A related professional designation is desired. Equivalencies will be considered.
Experience: The ideal candidate will possess a career track record of progressively more senior and complex positions and a combination of the following management experience and skills, preferably in a dynamic, growing Indigenous government setting. Key experience and skills will include:
- Progressive and successful experience as a CEO in Business and/or Community Government Administration;
- Experience in a multi-dimensional organization - ability to provide focused leadership and to adapt and integrate complex planning and program initiatives;
- A positive record of working effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, boards, and committees, and public participation processes;
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development, achieving results in building teams and effective labour relations;
- Experience or significance exposure developing and implementing plans, capital projects, and infrastructure improvement programs.
- A satisfactory criminal record check is required.
Renumeration will be based on education and experience. The First Nation offers a comprehensive benefits and pension package.
Application closing date is open until suitable candidate meets the needs and requirements of position.
Please submit your resume to: Chief, April Martel, at email email@example.com