Resource Stewardship Economist
BC Public Service
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Resource Stewardship Economist$69,900.80 - $79,791.25 annually, plus a 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is the Province’s agency responsible for land and resource management in B.C., which includes the protection of the Province’s archaeological and heritage resources.
The Resource Planning and Assessment Branch provides leadership, policy direction, implementation guidance and coordination for land use planning, cumulative effects assessments, integrated monitoring and the Land Based Investment Program. Land use planning provides strategic land use objectives and associated direction for forestry, energy development, ecosystem protection, recreation activities and other resource use decisions.
The role of the Resource Stewardship Economist is to design, communicate, guide and evaluate best practices regarding complex socio-economic and statistical analysis, and advise senior executives on matters directly impacting goals, objectives and financial commitments of natural resource stewardship initiatives. This role is responsible to design and implement quantitative and qualitative analytical frameworks to assess an array of resource stewardship and land use issues and scenarios in collaboration with economists across natural resource agencies, and to engage with internal and external natural resource professionals, Indigenous partners and stakeholders to confirm and enhance the integrity of the frameworks.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Master’s Degree in Economics or closely related field such as statistics, commerce, or mathematics, or equivalent, and two years of recent [within the last four years] related experience*; OR,
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or closely related field such as statistics, commerce, or mathematics, or equivalent, and seven years recent [within the last 5 years], related experience*.
- Experience providing authoritative socio-economic advice and recommendations to senior managers and executives.
- Experience in the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative analytical frameworks, statistical analysis and economic modelling projects.
- Experience providing economic impact analysis and cost-benefit analysis.
For more information and to apply online by July 25, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/61852