Job No: 96000
Location: Burnaby, BC
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Use your project management experience to help improve the lives of others!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
Build a career with one of BC's Top Employers!
BC Housing is a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people’s lives and communities.
This year, BC Housing has once again been recognized as one of BC's Top 55 Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers! That doesn’t happen by accident. We know that our team of talented and compassionate employees is our greatest asset and ensuring their health and well-being is our number one priority.
An exciting opportunity awaits!
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Development Manager to play a pivotal role in the delivery of affordable housing across the Province. Based at our conveniently located Burnaby office and travelling to sites when required, you'll be responsible for planning and managing a diverse portfolio of social housing, group home and special facility development projects from initiation and warranty inspection, to final occupancy.
As a Development Manager, you'll also be responsible for providing assistance to non-profit housing providers and local communities as they develop their housing developments. You may also have the opportunity to work with the Real Estate division on the negotiation of property acquisitions, dispositions and interests of land.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing project scope, budgets and schedules and working closely with stakeholders to determine where efficiencies, compromises and/or alternatives can be utilized in order to achieve the desired financial outcome for each project
- Working within a team on the planning and design coordination for various projects
- Working closely with finance on the financial feasibility of a number of varied projects
- Reviewing cost estimates and project schedules as well as monitoring budgets with external and internal stakeholders
- Assisting in the establishment of terms of reference for the selection, guidance, monitoring and review of contracted private consulting firms, as required
- Liaising with local municipal bodies to ensure the regulatory development requirements are met
Of course, no two days are likely to be the same in this role. If you're seeking a rewarding opportunity that offers lots of challenge, collaboration and a healthy work/life balance, this could be the role for you!
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have previous project management experience, ideally related to the development of multi-residential housing. You'll also have a university degree in business administration, project management, land use planning, real estate development financing or a related field.
Most importantly, we're seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. You'll also be equipped with superior analytical, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills and have proven ability to manage multiple, large-scale projects. Previous experience negotiating and brokering an array of agendas and working knowledge of multiple-unit housing development is needed, as is computer proficiency.
Due to the nature of this role, a valid BC driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel is also required.
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Upon joining BC Housing, you'll be warmly welcomed into our supportive and collaborative workplace that balances engaging and challenging work with personal downtime and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) and Extended Health and Dental
- Short-term illness and injury plus long-term disability benefits
- Group life insurance and AD&D
- Public Service Pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Professional training, development and career progression opportunities
- Generous maternity and parental leave top-up payments
- Three weeks' annual vacation plus a modified work week option and additional paid personal days
We're also a social and inclusive team that values open communication and transparency. We ensure that all of our team members have a voice and that their opinions are heard and actioned. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort that our people go to each and every day and we also have Reward and Recognition programs that reward great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas, and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today!
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online at: https://www.bchousing.org/careers/current-opportunities (Please search for "3104" in the keywords search box at the top of the page to find this job)