City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
This is specialized professional records and information management work. The Records Analyst supports the corporate records program by participating in developing policies and procedures; providing direction and assistance to department on implementation and ongoing maintenance of corporate records management; documenting and leading corporate records projects.
- Develop, recommend and upon approval, establish and implement new and/or revised methods and procedures subject to records management best practices to improve efficiency.
- Provide training to staff on records and information management and mailroom policies and procedures.
- Contribute to developing training materials, conducts records management and mailroom employee training.
- Participate in paper and electronic projects for records management and mailroom.
- Develop project plans and documentation.
- Conduct appraisals and write reports.
- Work with other records staff to complete projects and performs other related work as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department staff and management, vendors, outside agencies and the general public.
- Manage multiple tasks, setting objectives/goals, and re-prioritize work.
- Interview staff to understand their business needs and use of information customer service methods and techniques.
- Assign, supervise and review the work of records employees.
- Assign, supervise and review the work of mailroom employees.
- Completion of a master’s degree in Information Studies or Archival Science.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of related experience and experience in the direct supervision of staff including planning and assigning work.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- A valid BC Drivers License
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca