Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is looking for a positive, dynamic, innovative, results-oriented project manager with exceptional people skills to join our management team in Facilities. Reporting to the Manager of Facility Services, the Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing staff and managing projects critical to the day to day maintenance, preventative maintenance and asset management of the City of Port Coquitlam’s Facilities. This includes coordinating day-to-day operational requirements, monitoring staff schedules, developing work plans, evaluating staff performance, and implementing cost-effective initiatives and programs while monitoring budgets, preparing records and reports, and ensuring all work completed by staff and contractors is done in an accurate, safe and efficient manner.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You are passionate about facilities and serving the Community
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and are skilled at building relationships at all levels of the organization
- You value innovation, creativity and inclusiveness
- You are a collaborative team builder and team player who values and rewards contribution
- You have strong analytical skills and a track record of implementing best practices and workplace improvements in your area of expertise
- You have extensive experience in project and facilities management and have demonstrated success in relevant, progressive supervisory roles with a minimum of five years’ experience at a senior supervisory level, preferably in a unionized environment
- You have completed an undergraduate post-secondary education in a related discipline (an equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered)
As a Facilities Superintendent, you will:
- Be responsible for planning, organizing and supervising operational and preventative maintenance activities in the City’s Facilities
- Ensure the budgeted programs are effectively implemented and achieved
- Prepare operational and related capital budgets
- Prepare contract specifications and ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance with City policies and procedures
- Coordinate projects and programs
- Develop, recommend and implement procedures and practices
- Resolve complaints from the public and others
- Hire, promote and discipline employees within a unionized environment
- Review and manage employee performance
- Participate on City committees as required.
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We believe in professional development as demonstrated by a generous education reimbursement plan
- We offer a total compensation package including pension, benefits and a salary that can grow to over $108K annually.
Applications will be welcomed until the position is filled. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes, along with a one page letter demonstrating how their qualifications and/or experience match the position at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 19-087e
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.