Housing Operations Assistant
Housing Operations AssistantPosition Status: Full-Time Regular
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: Housing – North East Area, Metro Vancouver
Our Housing Department is seeking a Housing Operations Assistant who will work with the NE Area staff to provide affordable rental housing for low and moderate income households in the North East region.
You are: An organized, adaptable and motivated person that enjoys working in a multi-functional team environment. You enjoy working in a busy and supportive office and have a keen eye for detail, a can-do attitude and can demonstrate initiative. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. Able and willing to drive and work at various sites throughout the NE Area.
- Provides operational support to the Area Manager and property staff by responding to complaints and inquiries from tenants.
- Prepares, issues and authorizes purchase orders for routine maintenance, service calls, materials and supplies etc. Expedites responses for repairs and maintenance of units.
- Maintains and monitors records for the operation and management of properties including: rent collection, project operational expenses, inventories of equipment, supplies, furniture, unit repair and maintenance histories and general records.
- Co-ordinates the processing and approval for payment of invoices and billings from contractors, suppliers and services for the operation of the housing projects.
- Prepares correspondence, standard reports and analysis on property operations.
- May co-ordinate the showing of units to prospective tenants, receive rental applications, perform past residence and income checks, evaluate the data and recommend the acceptance/rejection of prospective tenants in accordance with MVHC policies.
- May prepare tenancy agreements for new tenants, process rent and tenancy changes or terminations and initiate necessary follow ups for these actions.
- May collect rents, resolve rental non payment issues, initiate procedures to recover delinquent rents.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
To be successful, you have:
- Grade 12 supplemented by business or administrative commercial courses.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible work experience, preferably in a property management operation or environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, and to deal efficiently and courteously with staff, tenants and the general public.
- Ability to draft correspondence or brief reports of a moderately complex nature.
- Ability to operate a PC in a Windows environment for word processing, spread sheet preparation and record keeping.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to handle and process a large volume of business activities and transactions; and the skills to perform the work quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations relating to provincial legislation for property management and landlord tenant relations.
- Knowledge of basic business practices and procedures in accounts receivable, accounts payable and contract purchasing.
- Bondable and possesses a valid BC driver's license.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by June 27, 2019.