Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources AssistantPosition Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position to last not later than November 26, 2021)
Department: Human Resources
Employee Group: Exempt
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Our Human Resources Department is seeking an outgoing, highly organized Human Resources Assistant to provide front-line administrative support to the Human Resources group.
You are: A confident and organized multi-tasker with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) who thrives in a busy work environment. Keen attention to detail, strong Microsoft Office skills, extensive calendar management experience and the ability to work with minimal supervision are essential.
The Human Resources Assistant reports to the Office Supervisor and falls within our Corporate Support, Level 1A job family.
- Performs reception duties and is the first point of contact for employees and the public requiring information pertaining to Human Resources matters such as career opportunities, recruitment processes, corporate policies, training records, employee recognition and employment verifications.
- Performs a variety of duties related to interviews including scheduling applicants/hiring panel, booking meeting rooms, administering testing and preparing resources such as video and phone conferencing equipment.
- Assists internal and external applicants who have inquiries about the recruitment process.
- Assists Human Resources Advisors with conducting reference checks.
- Generates and circulates a variety of reports from PeopleSoft on a weekly basis for distribution to Human Resources staff, client departments and the Unions.
- Drafts, processes and tracks a variety of correspondence including employment verification letters, eligibility for re-hire and termination letters.
- Provides administrative support for the delivery of employee training programs including processing training forms, new employee orientation forms, course evaluations, providing course information and updating training records.
- Assists with registration of webinars for the Human Resources Department.
- Performs a variety of duties related to the logistics for outreach events including registration, travel bookings, accommodations and shipment of equipment.
- Receives, processes and tracks all temporary agency and legal invoices.
- Maintains departmental files using an electronic records information system ensuring compliance with corporate records management standards.Prepares departmental and employee files for off-site storage.
- Processes incoming mail and invoices; orders and maintains stationery and office supplies; files; photocopies; orders catering.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- 2 years of recent, related experience supplemented by a high school graduation and completion of relevant post-secondary courses such as a certificate program in office or business administration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A high-level of attention to detail, including the ability to proof-read and process data efficiently and accurately.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under time constraints with frequent interruptions.
- Intermediate ability with Microsoft 2016 Office Suite (including Word, Excel and Outlook).Strong calendar management skills are mandatory.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisor and exercise sound judgment with establishing daily priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment delivering a high level of customer-service.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively listen and assist in resolving problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to exercise substantial discretion and deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to apply policies, procedures and collective agreement language to routine situations.
- Strong administrative skills and knowledge of office procedures and filing systems (electronic and paper).
- Practical knowledge of a complex Human Resources Management System such as PeopleSoft would be an asset.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by June 20, 2019.