We are pleased to offer the following opportunity:
Head Lifeguard/InstructorTerm – July 2, 2019 to June 30, 2020
COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Successful candidate will:
- Be honest, trustworthy and dependable
- Be understanding of the northern cultural, rural and political environment
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience developing, planning, executing, and evaluating pool related activities for all levels of swimmers
- Possess the following current Certifications: National Lifeguard, Swim Instructor (Lifesaving Society), Life Saving Instructor, and Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
Equivalencies recognizing related education and experience may be considered.
The preferred candidate will also possess one or more of the following Certifications: National Lifeguard Instructor, Swim Instructor Trainer (Lifesaving Society), Lifesaving Instructor Trainer, and First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor.
Successful applicants must pass an RCMP issued Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
The current starting salary is $29.13 per hour (approx. $60,590 per annum) with a Northern Allowance of $6.90 per hour (approx. $14,356 per annum)
Please refer to the position description for more details regarding expectations and responsibilities. A job description is available at the Town Office upon request. For more information, contact Paul Watters, Human Resources Officer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Paul Watters, Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 777-8603 Fax: (867) 777-8601 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Town of Inuvik • PO Box 1160 • 2 Firth Street • Inuvik, Northwest Territories • X0E 0T0
Phone: (867) 777-8600 • Fax: (867) 777-8601 • Web: Inuvik.ca