The North Coast Regional District (NCRD) is situated on the breathtaking North Coast of British Columbia and includes the archipelago of Haida Gwaii. It is a dynamic, resource-based region with a population of approximately 19,000 residents. The region offers great outdoor and indoor recreational opportunities.
As the Corporate Officer, and reporting to the CAO, you will support the NCRD in meeting is legislative requirements including the preparation of Board meeting minutes and agenda packages. The Corporate Officer will be required to complete all records management tasks as per LGMA and FOIPPA standards, including general filing and staff support with documentation. Additionally, the Corporate Officer will participate in research for the completion of bylaws and other legislative documents.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, general studies, public administration or related discipline;
- Diploma in Local Government Administration (preferred);
- Three years’ progressively more responsible experience in public sector corporate administration (preferred);
- Experience in a Regional District (preferred);
- Experience with information systems;
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a unionized setting, and;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The North Coast Regional District offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter, in confidence, by 4:00 pm on Monday, June 24, 2019. Please submit your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions may be directed to Daniel Fish, Deputy CAO at 250-624-2002, Ext 2.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For a copy of the job description, please visit our website www.ncrdbc.com