Data Analytics Analyst
Data Analytics AnalystFinance & Technology – Information Technology and GIS Services
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$42.10 - $47.73 per hour
The Data Analytics Analyst works as a specialist in the area of data analytics utilizing SAP Business Warehouse (BW) system with a focus on business intelligence and corporate reporting. The incumbent works closely with business areas and focuses on reviewing, designing, documenting and developing data cubes to meet business needs as well as on the production of reports and reporting dashboards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides subject matter expertise for key business intelligence (BI) core functions on a cross-functional basis.
- Provides design and development of BI solutions including: inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of solutions.
- Leads BI workstream projects in the development and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Conducts business needs assessments, problem definition, data collection, stakeholder accountabilities and determines project timelines.
- Develops work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet timeframes.
- Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to gather and validate requirements.
- Develops and writes business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Determines and analyzes commonly used queries and reports.
- Follows project management processes including the coordination and delivery of project updates with stakeholders.
- Analyzes and plans for service demand forecasts.
- Conducts analyses of functional business processes and functional requirements and participates in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Identifies and provides input to technology opportunities that will impact the enterprise BI systems.
- Provides input on the role BI (processes, practices and technologies) plays in process optimization.
- Explores data to discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends to improve data cube quality.
- Designs and builds corporate-wide “views” and custom reports.
- Develops best practices for report deployments.
- Performs analysis for a wide range of requests using data in various formats.
- Develops data models to assist in the analysis of business problems.
- Leads or provides direction for the planning, designing, and execution of user testing efforts and provides support to test teams.
- Analyzes testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business.
- Recommends quality metrics and ensures quality metrics are documented and tracked.
- Researches and recommends tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics.
- Recommends standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
- Prepares go-live training materials and documentation and creates new process documentation.
- Follows all CRD policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems plus 6 years of business analytics and report development experience. Working knowledge of Business Warehouse applications for ERP systems such as SAP is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated considerable knowledge of data analysis and analytics.
- Demonstrated considerable knowledge of databases and data architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems and report development.
- Demonstrated knowledge business analysis methodologies to gather and analyze data and develop recommendations for moving forward.
- Understands and identifies business implications of system design and data architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and partners to understand and document business requirements.
- Knowledge of change management processes and stakeholder consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and presentation (MS PowerPoint) software.
- Ability to coordinate work of those over whom one has no direct authority.
- Ability to plan, organize, and structure work
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or individually with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think innovatively and critically to assist in developing solutions.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence (Class 5).
Please note: This position is currently being reviewed as referenced in Article 27.01 of the CRD/CUPE Local 1978 Agreement.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.