Active Living Programmer
City of Courtenay
Active Living Programmer
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the position of "Active Living Programmer" in the Recreation Programming Division of the Recreation & Cultural Services Department. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions in the collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Active Living Recreation this position assists in the implementation, planning, supervision and evaluation of Active Living recreation programs and special events, The Active Living Programmer also assists in the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, evaluation and scheduling of Wellness Centre Attendants, Personal Trainers, and Active Living Program and Fitness Instructors; purchases program supplies & equipment; assists in the marketing and promotion of recreation services and maintains accurate sport and fitness program related statistics and records.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Degree or diploma in Recreation from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent education and experience
- Current First Aid Emergency Level - Industry and CPR Level A & C
- BCRPA Group Fitness Certification, weight room and or personal training designation or equivalent
- Sound (3 years) experience in the delivery of community recreational programs
- Some (minimum 2 years) supervisory experience
- Experience with recreation software, programming and scheduling applications
- Experience as a fitness instructor, personal trainer or related profession
- Sound knowledge of Active Living recreation programs and activities, including group fitness and personal training
- Sound knowledge of the principles of physical literacy and experience implementing into programming
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques
- Highly motivated and ability to work as a team and independently
- Strong technical skill in computer software applications: MS Word, Outlook, Excel & recreation. software
- Strong leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Physical ability to frequently lift heavy objects such as tables and equipment
- Current Criminal Record Clearance
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including days, afternoon, evenings, weekday and weekends as required for operational requirements.
This part-time position is available soon. The current hourly wage rate is $29.65 based on a 21 hour work week.
To submit your application, go to www.courtenay.ca/jobs
We sincerely thank all applicants but only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.