The Public Works Department of the City of Penticton is accepting applications from highly motivated and energetic individuals for the full time permanent position of Pipelayer. The Public Works department keeps our community safe by providing clean, safe drinking water, a reliable sanitary sewer system, and storm-water drainage to help prevent flooding. This department manages the roads in our community, as well as the parks and cemetery, and collects your garbage and recycling.
The Pipelayer’s main responsibilities include:
- Installation, repair, and maintenance of water mains (domestic and irrigation), service lines, valves and fire hydrants.
- Installation, repair and maintenance of storm and sanitary sewer lines.
- Maintenance of dams and related Public Works Infrastructure.
Working with the City of Penticton means that we are privileged to spend our days where others dream of vacationing. Our home boasts renowned beaches, cycling trails, parks, recreation facilities and mountain escapes. Meanwhile, Penticton is home to a wide array of shopping and amenities that contribute to the vibrancy of our unique community.
Why the City of Penticton? We need your expertise and experience in order to continue championing an innovative, thriving and sustainable community through visionary leadership, partnerships and service excellence.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Completion of Senior Secondary School
- Level I EOCP, Water Distribution
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in municipal utility and road construction
- Experience and knowledge in irrigation, sanitary, domestic water, effluent irrigation and drainage systems
- Knowledge of municipal safety procedures and practices
- Ability to perform heavy manual labour in various weather conditions
- Operational/job planning and problem solving
- Interpersonal/communication skills
- Valid Class 3 Drivers’ Licence with Air Endorsement
- Ability to be on standby after hour