Accounting Clerk 2
Accounting Clerk 2
Full TimeJob Id: 19-079
Salary: $27.30 - $32.16 per hour
Closing: May 26, 2019
Founded in 1874, Maple Ridge is one of BC’s oldest communities, but it’s also one of the fastest growing Cities in Metro Vancouver. This tremendous pace of growth creates opportunities for professionals like you to bring your passion and talents to our organization to build our future, your career and your family in one of the most incredible natural settings in BC.
Your skills and talents are the essential element in helping our organization meet the challenges and opportunities of our community. This is a place where you can make a difference, serve your community with pride and professionalism and work with our elected representatives to turn their vision for our community into action. Are you ready to choose your own adventure?
Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication, interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills?
If you get excited working with numbers and balancing to the last penny then, we have the perfect opportunity for you! We have a full time opportunity for an Accounting Clerk 2.
A little bit about you:
- Do you have a solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, with particular emphasis on Excel, such as the use of advanced formulas, creating and maintaining mail merge documents, and creating and maintaining pivot tables etc.?
- Do you have strong interpersonal, and communication skills and are able to maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Completion of High School supplemented by bookkeeping and basic accounting courses;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in an intermediate accounting role.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Processing a variety of accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions;
- Performing account reconciliations and preparing required journal entries;
- Responsible for preparing, processing and monitoring transactions related to specific programs administered by the Finance Department, along with preparing and maintaining a variety of reports, records and files.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.