ElectricianPosition Status: Full-Time Temporary (this position to last not later than December 31, 2019)
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: Lake City Operations Centre, Burnaby
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking an Electrician who will join our team to assist in maintaining critical water distribution and liquid waste collection infrastructure.
You are a candidate that is self-motivated, hardworking and professional in both teamwork and attitude.
- Troubleshoots, tests, inspects and repairs of many types of industrial electrical equipment. This includes all electrical equipment or components such as motors, pumps, lighting systems and fixtures, industrial I/O devices, industrial PLC control devices, transformers and distribution equipment.
- Conducts planned preventative maintenance and keep maintenance records.
- Reads and interprets drawings, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment.
- Plans and carries out small electrical installations.
- Works cooperatively with other trades, operations personnel and management to solve problems.
To be successful, you have:
- BCTQ Electrical Red Seal certification or equivalent Canadian journeyperson certification with Interprovincial Red Seal.
- Experience and familiarity with safe working practices in regards to operation and maintenance of medium and low voltage industrial distribution equipment.
- Industrial controls experience preferred (e.g. Allen Bradley PLC, VFD Drives, HMI, basic industrial networking).
- Familiarity with PC and PLC applications such as Excel, Word, RSLogix etc.
- Commitment to work in a safe and orderly manner (adherence to lock-out tag out, confined space, fall protection, arc flash and other applicable regulations and practices).
- Basic understanding of mechanics in regards to pumps, and motorized valves.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality record.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by May 27, 2019.