With a moderate climate, spectacular scenery and year-round recreational offerings at our doorstep, the City of Campbell River is the ideal location to live, work, and play.
Arboriculture TechnicianThe City of Campbell River is seeking a full-time Arboriculture Technician.
As part of the Parks team, reporting to the Parks Operations Supervisor, and taking direction from the Parks Foreman II, you will oversee and perform skilled arboriculture field work; prepare annual work plans for urban forestry/arboriculture activities within the City; and coordinate and oversee contracts for arboriculture work within the Parks Department. As a working supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising and directing the work of staff assigned to arboriculture activities on job work sites.
To complement your diploma or certificate in arboriculture, urban forestry, or traditional forestry, you will also have:
- Three years’ arboriculture experience in planting, removing, maintenance and protection of urban trees, within the last 10 years’;
- Three years’ experience in developing annual work plans within the last 10 years’;
- Three years’ experience in establishing, developing and implementing urban tree care management plans within the last 10 years’;
- Experience in natural areas management;
- Two years’ supervisory experience;
- Current International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ);
- Current Certified Arborist – ISA or equivalent;
- Current Pesticide Applicators Certificate;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license, and produce and maintain a clean driver’s abstract, as per City policy;
- Occupational First Aid Level I; and
- Supervisory Skills training.
The hourly rate of pay for this CUPE bargaining unit position is $35.12 working eight hours from 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday.
For a detailed job description that lists all the necessary qualifications for this position, please visit the “Employment Opportunities” section of our website at www.campbellriver.ca.
Please include verification of your education and certifications with your application.
This posting closes at 4:30 pm on Thursday, May 30, 2019.
Please send your resume with covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-19-18 to:
Human Resources Department
City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann's Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed
for interviews will be contacted.