Temporary, 14 Week Position (June 10 — September 6, 2019)
REGIONAL DISTRICT OF CENTRAL KOOTENAY — Creston, BC
The RDCK is accepting applications for a temporary, full-time Building Official to work out of Creston, BC.
This is a fourteen (14) week posting to cover for the incumbent on leave and is a great opportunity to work with our regional team of six Building Officials! RDCK Building Officials provide building and plumbing inspection services in their designated area which includes electoral areas (rural) and local villages (municipalities). In line with their level of certification, Building Officials are responsible for end-to-end permitting and inspection services including but not limited to:
- Review of building plans and applications to ensure compliance with relevant codes, regulations and bylaws
- Ensure construction conforms with approved plans through inspections
- Address construction issues and take steps to rectify illegal construction through education, Stop Work Orders, and/or tickets as appropriate.
Reporting to the Building Manager, the successful candidates will work in an experienced team to provide this important service to local residents. The Kootenays are growing, come be a part of it!
Join us in Creston! With an outstanding temperate climate and situated amidst a unique combination of agricultural lands, mountains, rivers, lakes and wildlife, Creston is a vibrant and active community located in the beautiful Creston Valley in the heart of the Kootenay Rockies! Creston offers all the benefits of small town living with access to great schools, health care services, a thriving local food movement and is located just a few hours away from major city centers. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including three season golf, hiking, biking, fishing and much more! All this in addition to multiple groups of special interests, numerous activities, theatre, music, arts and wineries.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Abilities INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
The RDCK is seeking an experienced, certified Building Official. To be considered for this position, you must possess:
- Minimum Level 1 Certification with the Building Officials Association of British Columbia, Level 2 or 3 preferred;
- Level 1 Certification with the Plumbing Inspectors Association of British, or recognized equivalent;
- Trade qualification in carpentry, plumbing and/or heating ventilation or Diploma of Building Science (or related)
- Member in good standing with the BOABC;
- Ventilation Certificate or willingness to attain;
- Valid BC Drivers License and a satisfactory Drivers Abstract; and Satisfactory Criminal Record.
To view this posting and the complete job description, visit our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications must be submitted to Human Resources by email no later than by 8am on Monday, May 22, 2019.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
Phone: (250) 352-1515