Event Duty Manager (19-62)
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Event Duty Manager
Office of the CAO – Anvil Centre
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours per week*
$53,671 – $63,083 annually
We are seeking a dynamic individual to assume the role of Event Duty Manager for Conference Services within the Anvil Centre, the showpiece civic facility located in the heart of downtown New Westminster. You will be the facility liaison on an assigned shift for a variety of events; provide event coordination for executive events and weddings; assist with scheduling, coordinate with event coordinators, event producers, staff, suppliers and contracted services on the implementation of events; oversee the provision of client services during events and provide leadership and direction to staff providing a variety of services.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A Grade 12 diploma, Serving it Right Certificate, courses related to the work, plus sound related experience.
- An innovative approach to the practices, methods, techniques, materials and equipment applicable to event implementation.
- Proficiency of the policies, rules, regulations and standards governing the work including the facilities and services available to clients.
- Expertise in management of Alcoholic Beverage Service.
- Familiarity with event booking systems such as Ungerboeck is preferred
- Working knowledge of related computer applications such as Microsoft Office, POS systems, and student registration systems such as PerfectMind.
- Proven experience in coordinating, directing, and overseeing employees to ensure successful event implementation and resolve problems as they arise.
- A natural talent in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of external and internal contacts.
- A knack for communicating effectively orally and in writing and preparing and maintaining records related to the work including completing daily shift logs, maintaining cash controls, completing revenue and expense reports, maintaining supplier accounts and invoices.
- A skill in monitoring inventory and maintaining appropriate supplies, performing general maintenance work and ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, to stand for long periods of time, and occasionally move tables and chairs.
- The ability to work non-standard hours as operationally required.
- A valid first aid certificate would be an asset.
- The ability to pass and maintain a satisfactory Police Information Check (PIC).
*This position requires working days, late evenings, weekends & statutory holidays as required.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume quoting competition #19-62, by May 20, 2019 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: 604-527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.