The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
# of Vacancies
This posting will remain open until all positions are filled. The City of Port Moody offers the community a variety of skating lesson programs for students of all ages and abilities. We are looking for all levels of Skate Instructors for the Winter season.
The City of Port Moody is seeking enthusiastic, energetic individuals who have a passion for teaching skating to children, adults and the youth in our community. Previous experience in this field is a requirement.
Candidates must be a minimum 19 years old to apply. Please include your availability to work in your online application. The hours available for employment are as follows:
- Tuesdays 3:30 – 7:30 pm
- Wednesdays 3:30 – 8:00 pm
- Fridays 3:30 – 7:30 pm
- Saturdays 9:45 am – 1:30 pm
- Strong background in figure skating or hockey
- Experience instructing skating lessons or hockey programs with a good understanding of progressions and learn to skate skills
- Experience working with children
- Sound judgment and decision making abilities
- Ability to be culturally sensitive, creative, collaborative and resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Current Standard First Aid certification
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
a minimum of $14.75 dependent on experience
Compensation & Benefits Overview
plus 4% in lieu of benefits.