Assistant Manager Arenas and Facility Operations
Assistant Manager Arenas and Facility OperationsPOSTING NO: #2019-13
POSTING DATE: MAY 3, 2019
POSTING EXPIRY DATE: MAY 30, 2019
Strathcona Regional District is currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager Arenas and Facility Operations. Reporting to the Manager of Arenas and Facility Operations, the Assistant Manager Arenas and Facility Operations is responsible for providing guidance, direction, and coordination of department operations including oversight of facility maintenance, concession operations and arena programs. The position ensures that these service areas operate efficiently in day to day operations and coordinate with all service areas in the recreation facility. The position develops and monitors operational budgets. In meeting the needs and interests of the community this position works closely with facility user groups, organizations and the general public.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two-year diploma in facilities or operations management or other related discipline; or Red Seal trade certification (refrigeration preferred) supplemented by training in operations management.
- Five years of progressive experience in a leadership role in a recreation facility in a unionized environment with supervisory and budgetary experience.
- Some experience with public speaking to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to fulfill the duties of this position.
DAYS AND HOURS OF WORK
- Tuesdays through Fridays 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm and Saturdays 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and copies of certifications quoting posting #2019-13 Assistant Manager Arenas and Facility Operations to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.