SAP Technical Support Manager
SAP Technical Support ManagerLocation: Surrey, BC
Working in accordance with the organization’s strategic vision, core values and leadership competencies, reporting to the Manager, Information Systems Applications, this position is responsible to provide technical leadership in the SAP Basis and Security Teams.
Provide leadership in the effective provision of technical SAP Basis Administration support for ECC, CRM, BW, BOBJ, NetWeaver and other SAP components.
Provide senior level technical support, technical architecture and administration of SAP Basis. Identify and prioritize technical SAP system issues within the Basis team for resolution. Ensure consistency in approaches to technical solutions, implementation and documentation. Effectively resolve complex technical and maintenance issues and ensure appropriate resources are assigned. Provide leadership on installing and maintaining software including upgrades and database administration, applying kernel patches, Support Packages and Enhancement Packages. Responsible for leading performance testing and tuning, SAP Transport Management System, system builds and refreshes, cutover/Go-Live related Basis tasks, disaster recovery configuration, version upgrades and add-on installations.
Provide leadership to SAP Security resources according to Company policies and Internal and External Audit requirements. This includes the responsibility for warranting appropriate access to all systems, including Segregation of Duties as well as following established Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) policies with respect to Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and User Access Reviews.
Work with new implementation projects to integrate seamlessly the new functionality into the existing design of processes, business rules and configuration. The key responsibilities would be to ensure that the project timelines can be supported within the existing plans and activities with regards to the SAP infrastructure.
Provide leadership using effective management techniques; collaborate with Human Resources, participate in recruiting activities, make hiring decisions, set performance expectations and conduct regular performance reviews. Ensure staff is effectively trained; provide guidance and direction, investigate issues and facilitate problem resolution. Assign and coordinate work to team members, track project deliverables, facilitate weekly status meetings and provide regular updates.
University degree in a directly related field and 8+ years’ recent and related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. SAP Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the SAP Basis system – should possess at least 8 years of experience with at least 4 SAP implementation life cycles (upgrade or installation).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the SAP NetWeaver suite (ECC, CRM, BI, Portal, Solution Manager, Business Objects…) and SAP security.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Single Sign On (SSO), Identity Management (IDM), End to End Root Cause Analysis (E2E100), Sales for CRM, Run SAP Like A Factory (RSLAF) and Business Process Integration (BPI)
- Strong technical background in hardware, operating systems, networking and database management
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with technical and functional teams, as well as other IS and Business units
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, effectively interpret requests, and analyse information
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a constantly changing, dynamic team environment
- Experience with business analysis and/or system design projects
- Experience working in a sustainment role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage system integrity
- Demonstrated ability to recommend tools to increase the value of the existing solutions and provide appropriate recommendation.
- Experience with integration between SAP Modules and between SAP and other systems is an asset
How to Apply:
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, please visit our website at www.fortisbc.com/careers.
FortisBC thanks all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.