One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Are you interested in a fast-paced technical environment where innovation, change, problem solving and unparalleled excellence in customer service are the norm and a vital part of our culture?
Delta is looking for a Network Administrator to join our team and provide leadership designing, implementing and maintaining network systems throughout the city. The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the network services team, the Information Services Division, and staff in client departments.
Your bachelor’s degree in computer science will need to be supplemented by a CCNA or MCSE certification (or equivalent), a solid background in network routing, switching and cyber security practices. You will also have experience in:
- Fibre optics technology, including design and implementation of outside plant and in-building systems
- Fortigate firewall technology (including policy management)
- IPSec VPN and SSL tunnelling configurations for client and site-to-site connections
- Wireless implementation with FortiAPs, Aruba IAPs and Wifi Controllers
- Cisco VoIP phone systems including call manager, attendant console and voice gateways
- Centrally-managed security suites including Carbon Black cB Defense
- Mobile device management systems such as Blackberry Enterprise Server
If you enjoy challenges, have outstanding organizational skills, and believe that the team is stronger than the individual, we would welcome your application for this exciting role.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $43.04 - $50.85 per hour (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan as well as an earned-days-off system. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition #19-96 EX by May 26, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2