One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
The City of Delta is currently looking for an outstanding candidate to join its Information Systems team in the exciting and challenging role of Systems Analyst. The Systems Analyst will conduct complex analytical and technical work in response to a wide range of business requirements and which encompass all phases of computer projects such as systems analysis, procedure documentation, process design, implementation and operation. The incumbent will analyze existing and proposed systems and procedures, devises and develops information systems solutions to business problems and designs and initiates programs according to requirements.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of problem definition and resolution techniques applicable to the development and implementation of information technologies in response to business requirements.
- Ability to act as project leader in the design and implementation of new and modified business processes and systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to prepare and maintain technical reports and documentation.
- Ability to manage documents which support business processes in departments such as Community Planning and Development (i.e., Hyland OnBase electronic plans submission)
- Knowledge of land, development, licensing, tax, utility and service request software such as the Central Square Tempest and MyCity applications.
- Knowledge of recruitment and volunteer tracking systems such as Hiredesk and Volunteer Impact.
- Ability to digitise municipal services on multiple channels including mobile applications, social media, and corporate websites.
Preference will be given to candidates with a computer science degree or a two-year diploma from a Technical Institute in information technology, systems analysis and procedures, plus considerable related experience in business and systems analysis, preferably in a municipality, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license is required.
If you enjoy learning and challenges, have outstanding organizational skills, and believe that the team is stronger than the individual, we would welcome your application for this exciting role.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary ($39.56 - $46.75/hour). Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to 19-100 EX by May 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted. Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2