Public Service Counter Clerk (Police Clerical Assistant 2)
Public Service Counter Clerk
(Police Clerical Assistant 2)
Information Management Section
Temporary Full-Time (one year)
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
*35 hours per week
$44,487 to $52,121 annually (plus benefits)
We are seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of Public Service Counter Clerk with the New Westminster Police Department, on a temporary full-time basis. Working in a team environment, the successful incumbent will work at the Public Service Counter and will manage requests from the public as well as outside agencies, process a variety of applications, and perform other clerical related duties, as required.
- Ability to process a variety of documents (i.e. Police Information Checks; Taxi Permits) and correspondence in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently; work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the dynamic needs of the position as well as the Department.
- Exceptional customer service skills; communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of people.
- Ability to adopt and employ a variety of problem solving strategies; use appropriate judgment.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Completion of Grade 12 plus considerable related clerical experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Ability to use applicable software, such as Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 words net per minute with 85% accuracy or higher.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a police background security clearance.
- Sound working knowledge of the policies and procedures employed in operating police databases such as PRIME, CPIC, JUSTIN and iScreen and familiarity with the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) System is preferred.
- *Once training has been completed, the successful applicant must be able to work a non-standard work schedule. This position works 10 hour shifts (exclusive of a one hour unpaid meal period), on a rotating 4 days on and 4 days off.
In addition to your cover letter and resume please attach a separate Word or PDF document answering the following four questions:
- What interests you in working at the NWPD.
- Why do you want this position?
- How does this position fit into your career plans?
- What do you enjoy most about your current (or last) position? What do/did you enjoy the least?
Apply by sending your application quoting competition #19-P5 by May 5, 2019 to the New Westminster Police Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The New Westminster Police Department is committed to employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.