Inspection Technologist (Full-Time)
If you want to work for a forward-thinking, creative employer and in a fast paced work environment then this is an excellent opportunity for you. The City of Chilliwack takes great pride in its focus on providing excellent service to its citizens and we are looking for a like-minded candidate to join our team.
The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation in the Department through reliable performance in all areas of inspections work, observing and complying with municipal policies, ensuring the safety and security of confidential material pertaining to the Department's operation.
If you have the following knowledge, skills and abilities we encourage you to apply.
- A graduate of a two year Civil Engineering Technology program and be a Certified Technologist registered or eligible to be registered with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC).
- Must be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver's License;
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles and practices, civil inspections and technical records relating to municipal engineering;
- Good knowledge of road construction practices and utilities services practices, materials, methods and equipment employment in municipal engineering work;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials, developers, contractors, property owners and other members of staff;
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format, with sound knowledge and ability to prepare and present technical and non-technical reports;
If this job is a good fit for you, apply at jobs.chilliwack.com and create your on-line profile. The system allows you to quickly and easily enter your work history, education, certifications, and other important information. You can then apply to new positions in just a few clicks.
Competition Number: 2019-48
Closing Date: May 1, 2019 4:30 pm