The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Budget AnalystJob ID 19-32
Job Class Regular Full-time
Employment Group CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies 1
Posting Period April 4 - 28, 2019
The City of Port Moody is seeking an enthusiastic accounting professional, reporting to the Manager of Financial planning, to coordinate and monitor the budget process within a complex accounting environment.
- Coordinating and monitoring the annual capital budget, including preparing budget documents, analyzing department budget submissions, liaising with departments and making recommendations for funds allocation;
- Coordinating, analyzing, maintaining and monitoring the corporate asset management plan, including incorporating best practices, preparing and reviewing department asset management plans, and liaising with departments making recommendations for funds allocation;
- Assisting with analysis of the annual operating budgets, including preparing budget documents, analyzing department budget submissions; and
- Providing financial analysis, financial reviews, and financial and process audits as required.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Enrolled in PREP level of the CPA program or equivalent to the third year of a Professional Accounting program;
- Two years of job-related experience in a complex accounting environment;
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, policies and regulations of professional accounting practices;
- Proficiency with financial software applications and experience preparing complex spreadsheets;
- Experience with annual operating and capital budgets, and asset management sustainability practices;
- Ability to prepare, verify and analyze a variety of financial data; and,
- Effective time management, communication and organizational skills.
Date Added 4/4/2019
Branch/Location Office City Hall
City Port Moody
Compensation - Hourly $34.24 - $$36.84
Compensation & Benefits Overview The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.