Group Fitness Instructors
City of Surrey
Group Fitness Instructors
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division is building healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment, we are looking for amazing instructors to lead fun and engaging group fitness classes at recreation centres around Surrey. We are currently recruiting for the following:
- Group Fitness Instructors – General
- Group Fitness Instructors – Indoor Cycling
- Group Fitness Instructors – TRX
- Group Fitness Instructors - Older Adult
- Group Fitness Instructors – Zumba and Zumba Gold
Apply to join our team.
Instructor - Auxiliary
As a Group Fitness Instructor, you will plan and instruct effective fitness classes for individuals of all levels and experiences - from beginners to long time fitness enthusiasts. You will be able to motivate and lead large groups, and adjust routines as needed. You will likely be required to work various shift, which include weekends, weekdays and/or evenings.
If you have any additional certification(s) to teach special populations, such as older adults, pre/post-natal, or adaptive fitness, it would be an asset.
We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about sharing their love for health and fitness with others. As a successful group fitness instructor candidate, you are enthusiastic and self-motivated. You have clear communication skills and can build strong relationships with your clients. You will also have:
- Proof of your Group Fitness certification and be registered with a recognized organization (BCRPA or CFES)
- A current Emergency First Aid and CPR Level A certificate
- Have the applicable proof of completion or certification:
- Indoor Cycling: Proof of completion of an Indoor Cycling course/workshop
- TRX: Proof of completion of a TRX Suspension course/workshop
- Older Adult: Older Adult fitness certification
- Zumba: Proof of Zumba fitness certification and Zin registration
- Zumba Gold: Proof of Zumba Gold and Older Adult Fitness certification
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Approximate Recruitment Timeline
A practical demonstration of teaching skills will be a required component of the screening process. Candidates must successfully complete the practical demonstration of skill.
April 1 to 28
Demo Dates / Interviewing
May 6 & 8
References and Police Information Checks
Extending Employment Offers
To meet operational needs, the successful candidates may be placed at any of the City of Surrey's Recreation Centres.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2868. Posting will remain posted until April 28, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca