Regional Finance Advisor
Community Living British Columbia
Regional Finance Advisor
Reason for posting: This is an auxiliary position. Please note: auxiliaries may cover vacancies or maternity, vacation, sick, or long-term leaves of varying lengths.
Location: Prince George or Kamloops
Region: Head Office
Term / Status: Temporary/Full-time - anticipated 70 hours bi-weekly to December 31, 2019, with the possibility of extension
Eligibility: Open to internal and external applicants
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your experience, knowledge and passion in a meaningful way, CLBC is the place for you!
Community Living British Columbia [CLBC] is a crown corporation responsible for arranging supports and services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. CLBC staff strives to adhere to the corporate vision of ‘Lives filled with possibilities in welcoming communities’.
The Finance Division provides finance, procurement, contract support, and risk management services. The Division is responsible for the development and implementation of all planning, systems, policies and procedures to ensure proper financial control is maintained and reporting requirements are met, and an effective risk management framework is in place to ensure effective operations across the province of British Columbia.
As a Regional Financial Advisor (RFA) for CLBC, you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and recommendations on the financial implications of regional operational issues. The clients serviced are the Director of Regional Operations (DRO) and their Managers, under the direction of the Manager, Budgets & Reporting.
- Accurate financial record keeping and reporting for each Quality Services Area of the assigned region, as well as informing the decisions made by the regional clients.
- Providing financial and business planning advice to regional management to support their decisions, and make them aware of risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
You will also be a participant in regional decision making by informing the decisions, and are responsible for advising the DRO and regional management on the potential implications, short- and long-term, of various alternative courses of action.
The Regional Finance Advisor works collaboratively and proactively with other staff in the department and the larger Finance Division to support the Manager, Budgets & Reporting in preparing documents for review by senior executive, the Board and its Committees, and other stakeholders. Components of the work performed by this position are confidential; therefore, you must exercise a high degree of discretion so as not to compromise the region or the Finance
- A professional accounting designation (one of CMA, CGA, CA) or MBA, plus a minimum of 5 years of recent related business experience;
- 3 or more years in analyzing and resolving budget and financial management issues, or comparable experience plus 3 or more years in providing finance based consulting services to a variety of client groups, or comparable experience.
- Experience in the regular use of relevant software such as MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience in providing direction, training and coaching to other people.
Travel is a requirement throughout the region to meet with contractors, establish relationships, provide assistance and information, and engage in mediation and problem solving as the needs arise. The position will also require travel to Head Office in Vancouver from time-to-time, as well as regular travel to the other areas in the macro-region. Travel can be 10% to 20%.
Transportation arrangement must meet operational requirements. Possession of a valid class 5 Drivers license and a clean Driver’s Abstract is required.
Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check (Criminal Records Review Act).
How to apply: Interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter quoting competition #2019.063 in the subject line, to Jaimie Willows at CLBC.HumanResources@gov.bc.ca.
Closing Date: Open until filled
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living BC is an equal opportunity employer.