City of Surrey
It’s no secret that the City of Surrey is growing at a rapid rate. With over 1000 new residents a month coming to live in this vibrant City, an opportunity is available our Survey Section. We are looking to add to our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and innovative professionals with a Survey Assistant, who will perform field work under direct supervision in assisting with the obtaining of field data for City survey projects and programs. If you share the same passion for geomatics within a changing City and are interested in a career that offers challenge and growth, we encourage you to keep reading.
- You will use your strong knowledge of geomatics in establishing line, grade, size, elevation, and location, including foliage and sight lines, exposing underground utilities to facilitate measurements, and basic maintenance of survey equipment
- You are able to use survey instruments and hand tools.
- Using your strong mathematical skills, you will assist in the preparation of field notes and basic survey calculations.
- You will use your excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills as you respond to inquiries from staff and members the public.
- You can understand and carry out instructions as you assist other crew members in performing duties.
- You are very familiar with safety regulations and exercise good judgement in the field.
- You understand survey practices and how to read and interpret legal and engineering drawings.
- You will perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Completed Grade 12, supplemented by completion of at least two (2) Geomatics courses from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A minimum of one (1) years' recent surveying experience.
- A valid and unrestricted driver's license with a safe driving record is required.
This job posting will close on April 23rd, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca