Facilities CoordinatorLocation: Surrey, BC
Serving more than 2,400 employees, FortisBC’s Facilities team is responsible for more than 70 sites across British Columbia. Reaching from Northern BC, Vancouver Island to the Kootenays and all sites in between, the team manages over one million square feet of property and space planning.
Reporting to the Facilities Planning Manager, the Facilities Coordinator position is dynamic and challenging. There is never a dull day in this role as the position will be responsible for creating solutions, developing strategies for safety and efficiencies of our facilities.
- Administers the operation of the company’s security systems, including:
- responding to and acting as first line support in respect to security concerns;
- providing employees, tenants and service providers with appropriate access and modifying access levels as required;
- communicating with staff, management, security company(ies) and building owners regarding security procedures and issues;
- modifying alarm parameters, status levels, timed events and shunts in accordance with company activity;
- maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of security system database;
- assists in trouble shooting causes of false alarms and work with service providers regarding the causes to correct the problems;
- reviews security breach information and makes recommendation for security changes or enhancements;
- responding to emergency calls on weeknight and weekends;
- producing various reports for system monitoring and management review.
- Ensures facility services such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning, white noise, custodial services, carpet cleaning, security fire safety and related facility services are maintained to applicable standards by:
- liases with employees, maintenance staff, tenants and service providers to resolve problems and ensure appropriate service levels are maintained;
- prepares scope of work and purchase requisition or local service contract as required; following up to ensure delivery of goods and services, and ensure the accuracy, integrity and appropriate approval of all billing prior to processing;
- provides and maintains a list of contractors for invitation to tender;
- coordinate and administers the service contract and performs periodic audits to ensure quality of service is to company requested standards;
- meet with service providers to provide site and safety orientation, companies’ standards and policies.
- Administration of the operation and maintenance process and tools including:Initiate and respond to requests to research and resolve receipt entry issues.
- creates, reviews and updates records in the computerized maintenance management system;
- updates and reviews records in the ticketing system.
- Ensure the delivery and coordination of acquisition of office systems services (office furniture and equipment, security and records management) in accordance with the Company’s Facilities Requirements, including:
- meeting with employees and service providers to define office system requirements and determine optimum configuration to meet business needs and facilitate integration with existing systems;
- participating and/or providing office systems advice to project teams engaged in the opening, closure and/or relocation of staff;
- forecasting needs and developing plans relating to company’s long term and short term office system requirements;
- recommending selection and purchase of appropriate items, advising user of costs, and recommending products to meet special requirement
- evaluating office systems scheduled for replacement or surplus to determine if suitable for retention;
- preparing specification and purchase requisitions as required, following up to ensure delivery of goods and services, and ensure the accuracy, integrity and appropriate approval of all billings prior to processing;
- scheduling and coordinating movement of office contents including furniture and equipment.
- Works with the business units as project manager to ensure successful implementation of modification, renovations and moves including:
- meeting with clients, determining requirements, identifying changes on plans and contracting for and monitoring the work of service providers as required. Develops and maintains an ongoing working relationship with service providers;
- searches for appropriate space for company to purchase or lease;
- reconciling conflicting requirements, employee requirements, personal request, corporate policies with tact and diplomacy;
- developing implementation approaches which minimize business disruption;
- developing budgets obtaining necessary permits and approvals and preparing gross and detailed schedules;
- advises managers and employees of planned changes and ensure that proposed and actual construction complies with company and building standards;
- obtains cost quotations from selected service providers, and when applicable, participates in the preparation of tender documents, reviews tenders and makes selection recommendations; advises successful service provider of applicable procedures for completion of work and monitors progress during work;
- liaises with and coordinates activities with the B&ITS relative to changes;
- manages moving day activities.
- Meets with tenants on any requirement they request such as:
- working within the lease agreement;
- reviewing requested tenant improvements to ensure they meet our company standards
- providing access to building base equipment.
- Maintains documentation related to Facilities, including:
- maintaining building system, office equipment and workspace inventories, configuration records and related information;
- providing input regarding the development and monitoring of the company’s standards relating to the use and maintenance of the building system, office furniture and equipment for continuous improvement and continuity.
- Ensures effective utilization of building and office systems and related practices through client orientation, communication, training and support documentation, including:
- developing, maintaining and distributing employee, tenant and service providers documentation and communication;
- identifying training requirements;
- coordinating training sessions conducted by service providers;
- conducting training sessions for new employees or programs to address operational problems.
- Coordinates and summarizes budget including:
- prepare targets, budget comparison and analysis for cost control;
- provides input for budgets and projects;
- maintains a multiyear maintenance budget plan and schedule codes and approves invoices.
- Administers the Corporate Records Management System, including:
- developing and maintaining a Corporate Records Management Directory Manual, including a recommend corporate records retention schedule based on requirements of end users;
- developing an effective off-site storage facility meeting client requirements;
- analyzing records and recommending improved records management and storage methods and procedures; including analyzing work flow patterns, equipment, space utilization, legal requirements, retrieval practices and emerging records management technology.
- Attends vendor courses and similar presentations, and maintains open communication to ensure a current knowledge of building and office systems.
- Requires periodic travel to facilities within our geographical servicing area.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, including driving a vehicle, which do not affect the value of the job.
- High School graduation.
- Completion of courses in facilities space planning, project management, business report writing, accounting and building maintenance administration.
- Five (5) years directly related relevant experience.
- Demonstrated competency in managing facility related projects.
- Demonstrated oral, interpersonal, negotiating, and conflict resolution skills including the ability to respond to difficult or demanding situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret building construction drawings.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of office systems planning and layout.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of computer system operations, environmental and peripherals with particular emphasis on infrastructure requirements of such system as they relate to facilities planning.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills including the ability to format correspondence, reports and charts.
- Valid British Columbia driver’s license.
How to Apply:
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, please visit our website at www.fortisbc.com/careers.
FortisBC thanks all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.