Accounting Clerk II
Accounting Clerk II
The City of Rossland is nestled in the high alpine between the Monashee and Selkirk Mountain ranges in beautiful British Columbia. This gold rush town of approximately 3,500 people has been incorporated since 1897 and has an abundance of outdoor activities for everyone. Outdoor recreation is only minutes from town: from downhill and nordic skiing in the winter to golfing, mountain biking and hiking in the summer, there is always something to do.
The City of Rossland has an opening for a permanent full-time Accounting Clerk II. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions of the current Collective Agreement between the City and CUPE Local 2087. Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Accounting Clerk II is primarily responsible for month-end reconciliations; performing tasks related to internal controls and financial, audit, and government reporting; maintaining asset management records; and assisting the Manager of Finance, Payroll Clerk, and the Accounting Clerk I. The Accounting Clerk II will also respond to public inquiries, provide information or redirect inquiries as appropriate.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Actively enrolled in the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Program with successful completion of the Academic Prerequisites and accepted for Common Core Modules 1 & 2;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with staff and management and respond effectively to requests for financial information;
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as they relate to local government including Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB);
- General understanding and knowledge of the Local Government Act and Community Charter and the financial requirements within;
- Extensive knowledge of office procedures, financial systems and computer applications is necessary;
- Ability, knowledge and experience necessary to perform duties of this degree of complexity.
Preference may be given to candidates who have passed the Common Modules and have progressed further in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP). Municipal financial accounting experience or relevant experience with Central Square iCity Software would be considered as assets.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume by 4:00 p.m. on November 29, 2019.
By mail or drop-off:
City of Rossland
Attention: Elma Hamming, Manager of Finance
PO Box 1179
2196 Leroi Avenue, Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
Via website: www.rossland.ca/job-opps/accounting-clerk-2