|Title:||Various Fitness Positions|
|Organization:||City of Surrey|
Various Fitness Positions
(All Recreation Centres are Hiring)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
We are looking for certified Group Fitness instructors that love fitness, motivating people and are committed to providing great customer service to teach a variety of classes at recreation facilities across the City.We have various positions available teaching a wide range of fitness classes including:
- Group Fitness Instructors - General
- Group Fitness Instructors - Barre
- Group Fitness Instructors - Spin
- Group Fitness Instructors - TRX
- Group Fitness Instructors - Older Adult
- Group Fitness Instructors - Zumba
- Yoga Instructors
- Weight Room Attendants
- Personal Trainers
- You will instruct for all levels and experiences and will be able to motivate and lead large groups – from beginners to long time fitness enthusiast. Additional certification to teach special population such as Older Adult, pre-post-natal and adaptive fitness is an asset;
- All candidates should be self-motivated, skilled at building relationships with clients, have strong and clear communication skills and have a passion for health and wellness;
- These positions may include weekends, weekdays and/or evenings shifts;
- A practical demonstration of teaching skills will be a required component of the screening process.
- Our Group Fitness Instructors are required to have the following:
- Proof of Group Fitness certification and currently registered with a recognized organization (BCRPA or CFES);
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate;
- In addition to having your group fitness certification and First Aid/CPR the below instructors are required to have the following:
- Barre: Proof of completion of a Barre course/workshop
- Spin: Proof of completion of a spin course/workshop
- TRX: Proof of completion of a TRX Suspension course/workshop
- Older Adult: Older Adult fitness certification
- Zumba: Proof of Zumba fitness certification and Zin registration
- Personal Trainer: Proof of Personal Training certification or BCAK registered Kinesiologist and currently registered with arecognized organization (BCPRA, CSEP or CFES)
- Yoga Instructor: Proof of certification by recognized Yoga Instructor training program.
- CSA2 – Weight Room Attendants:
- Completed grade 12;
- Proof of weight training or personal training certificate;
- Proof of personal training certificate is an asset;
- Currently registered with arecognized organization (BCRPA, CSEP or CFES);
- Emergency first aid and CPR certificate.
If you are interested in these opportunities please apply at www.surreycareers.ca to the specific class (es) you are interested in teaching. Posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
|Profession(s):||Parks & Recreation|
|Date Posted:||Friday, August 11, 2017 at 3:03:00 PM (PST)|
|Posting Expires:||Monday, September 11, 2017 at 4:30:00 PM (PST)|